Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ava's 1st Birthday!

Saturday September 20th was Ava's first birthday. We had all our family in town to celebrate. I was thrilled to have everyone there to celebrate this memorable milestone in Ava's life- it means more to me than you will ever know for going out of your way to be here and make this day so special. The day was supposed to start out with Noah's soccer game at 8:30 but it was rained out. Thankfully the rain came early in the day since Ava's party was planned to be outside in the afternoon. We had a great day visiting and preparing for the party. Due to a variety of circumstances, many of our friends were unable to attend but we still had a great turnout and a lot of fun. Ava didn't really dig into her smash cake (that my mom made) like I thought she would but we all enjoyed the cake! When I brought her presents out she immediately walked over and started saying "Ooohhhh" - I guess she knew they were for her! She had fun opening the boxes & bags -she received many sweet and precious gifts. Her favorites so far seem to be the baby dolls and a little purse that my grandmother gave her that has a baby cell phone, key, mirror, and powder puff inside. She will kiss her babies if you tell her to- it is the most precious thing I have ever seen. I'll have to post another blog later about the fun I had planning her party and about what a sweet baby girl my Ava has turned out to be.

* A special thanks to Mom who made Ava's smash cake & the flower cookies as well as letting me borrow several of her party items. And for listening endlessly to my "ideas" and indecisiveness about various aspects of the party. Thanks to you and Dad for all of your cleaning, food preparation, child watching & entertaining.... the list goes on. I couldn't have done it without your help and support!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: