Here we are again celebrating another wonderful month! Ava-fresh from the bath- requested her babies for her photo shoot again. This past month Ava stayed with my Mom and Dad for 6 days while we took our trip to Utah. She did great being away from Mommy and Daddy. However, as soon as we got back she got another UTI and ended up with a fever of 105.3 at one point. After a shot of Rocephin and an oral antibiotic, she was back to herself. We have a VCUG scheduled this week at The Children's Hospital to check to see if urine is refluxing back up the ureters. She will be sedated during the procedure which involves catheterization and a series of x-rays. I hope and pray it's normal- otherwise I think she will have to take a daily antibiotic and I just really don't want her to have to do that so young. Anyway, I'll let you know our results. One major milestone - I guess you can call it that- is that Ava started saying "Noah"! It is the sweetest thing to hear her say "Wo-ah" with different inflections and at different volumes. They really have a lot of fun playing together now that Ava is a little older. It is definitely more fun with two! Ava has also- and I hesitate to even write it- started to give us a little difficulty going to bed at night. She has always just laid down and gone to sleep on her own for the past 17 months when we put her in the crib but for the last 2 or 3 nights she has been crying. I know I have definitely gotten spoiled by that but I went through much trouble getting Mister Noah to sleep for a long time. Anyway, we are just letting her cry and she settles down pretty quickly by herself, so hopefully this is just a fleeting phase. Ava is starting to get more opinionated as in shaking her head yes or no when I offer her choices for breakfast. We were in The Children's Place the other day and I picked up a cute little swimsuit to look at and out of the corner of my eye I see her shaking her head yes. I guess I'm in for it. I thought I had a little longer to dress her the way I wanted. I guess she's like her mama though- I've heard I was quite opinionated in the clothing department myself as a little girl. Ava continues to be such a blessing and the sweetest, snuggliest baby. She is learning so much and saying new words everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















1 comments:
Jennifer, I hate to hear about Ava's UTI's, and I will pray that all the tests will come back okay. Hang in there with the sleep thing. Myla does that occasionally, and on the nights she does it, I do realize how completely spoiled I am that we can always lay her down and never hear from her again! Maybe it just is a phase, but I'm all for "crying it out"! Looks like y'all had a great time on your trip!
Post a Comment