My dear grandmother, whom I've lovingly referred to as Nona since before I can remember, celebrated her 75th birthday today. Nona is such a special lady to me and I am truly blessed to have her in my life. My kids just adore her and I do as well.
So mom definitely gets all the credit for the party! She worked very hard to get everything ready and it most certainly paid off. Nona was completely surprised (although we did worry some of her friends may forget & accidentally tell her about it) and the party was a hit! Mom has a unique collection of special tea cups that she has acquired over the years and she let each lady pick out the one they liked best to drink coffee out of after lunch. Were you interested in the menu? I thought so... chicken salad on croissants, asparagus, layered fruit, and artichoke dip with those yummy pita chips. And iced mint tea to drink. I LOVE mint tea, don't you?
Christmas day my mom told me that she had just realized that Nona was going to be 75 this year. We had a party to plan and we had to plan it fast- we only had one week! So the next day, we talked Nona into watching my children so mom and I could run to Hobby Lobby. One good thing about not having much time to plan is that we had to just go with what was immediately available and we made our decisions fast. We decided that we would invite all the ladies in her Sunday School class as well as a few other ladies- totaling 20 plus family. Poor mom had company all week and on top of that she had all her Christmas decorations to take down (she decorates a lot and it always looks beautiful) and put up on top of cleaning. We joked that she was ready to go back to work so she could get some rest!
So mom definitely gets all the credit for the party! She worked very hard to get everything ready and it most certainly paid off. Nona was completely surprised (although we did worry some of her friends may forget & accidentally tell her about it) and the party was a hit! Mom has a unique collection of special tea cups that she has acquired over the years and she let each lady pick out the one they liked best to drink coffee out of after lunch. Were you interested in the menu? I thought so... chicken salad on croissants, asparagus, layered fruit, and artichoke dip with those yummy pita chips. And iced mint tea to drink. I LOVE mint tea, don't you?
Here's the cake that Mom's friend made. Although Mom could have made it herself, she didn't have the time to do it. I think it turned out beautifully.
Can you see how much they love each other? It's clearly written all over their faces- those are definitely not fake smiles.
Mom with her sister, Lynn. Lynn drove all the way down from Jackson and back the day of the party bringing with her Kelly, my cousin, and her friend Andrew, as well as other party paraphernalia. Nona was delighted that they were there- it was all part of the surprise. I think this is a great picture of these two.
Noah took it upon himself to bring Nona her gifts and assist with the opening of every package. Here she is opening our gift- a new coffee maker Nona wanted from Williams-Sonoma. I think she's excited about it!
My dad was taking pictures as well so there are several that I need to get from him... hint, hint, Grandpa :)
We had so much fun planning this party for such a special lady and we were thrilled to celebrate this precious milestone with Nona. She is such a blessing in our lives and we love her very much!





















0 comments:
Post a Comment