Monday, March 9, 2009

House for Sale

That's right. We're moving. Nathan signed a contract with Gulfport Memorial to start this summer after he graduates from residency. We've known since before Christmas but are now in the process of house repairs and trying to sell our house. Terrible time, I know.... but God is going to take care of it. He's confirmed our decision over and over so there is no need to worry with any of the rest of the process. We've been down to the coast once to look at houses and will be looking again soon. We're just trying to make smart decisions with the way the economy is still headed. Yes, I will miss Jackson and am definitely not ready to "start over" AGAIN. But let me relay what was in my Beth Moore Bible Study this week- and don't you know it was on the exact day I was selfishly not wanting to move.

God not only promises that He "works out everything (Eph 1:11) "according to His good purpose" (Phil 2:13). He promises that "in all things God works for our good" (Rom 8:28). In other words, every time He shifts us here or moves us there on this earthbound chessboard, He's not just fulfilling His own pleasure regardless of its impact on you. He's also working every detail- even the dreadful ones- to your good and my good.

I highly recommend her study on Esther- if you get the chance- don't pass it up!


I am really going to miss this house. I can't even think about it or the tears might start falling...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

newmanfamily said...

I dealt with the same thing last year. I was doing Stepping Up at the time. Of course, I was struggling with the move.
Beth Moore writes . . .
Most of us have a love-hate relationship with the places where we've gotten our mail, but God intended to use every step to equip us as servants. You have been assigned to your town or your city, and equally, it has been assigned to you. You may feel like an exile within its city limits, but just as God spoke through the prophet Jeremiah. He wants to prosper you there. The scripture that went along with the study was Jeremiah 29:4-7 and Psalm 122.

Justin and Lisa Holcomb said...

jennifer! i will definitely be praying for yall! you know i know how you are feeling--we must talk soon! i love you! and, by the way, your family is growing more beautiful each day! :)