
Wow! I can't believe baby girl is already 1 1/2! Yes- she still has the binky. And she is starting to call it "me-me". I know, I know. I'm going to try to take it away soon. I think the thought of its loss is harder for me than it will be for her. She was sick in this picture though (and whiny for days) so let's give a girl (or her mama) a break.
We went to the doctor today and here are her stats:
Weight: 23 lbs 2 oz (25:)
Can you believe she has only gained 14 pounds since birth? I promise I feed her- she just eats like a little bird!
Length: 33 inches (90%)
She grew a whole inch in just 3 months! I knew it b/c all her winter pants are too short- I hope it warms up quick so we can get in some new clothes!
Head Circumference: 75%
Ava's latest trick is flipping herself out of the bed and pack and play! I could NOT believe it the first time it happened. Thankfully there were no major injuries. I had planned on keeping this sweet little thing in her pretty pink crib that Daddy painted until she was 3! I have decided to try the crib tent route instead of moving to a big girl bed at this point. I just don't feel like she is mature enough and I cannot handle a major transition like that right now. We'll see how it goes if it will ever come in the mail...
Meanwhile, Ava has STOPPED letting me lay her down awake- and I can't leave her in the crib to cry b/c she will just flip out SO we have been having major sleep issues here over the last couple of weeks. She was sick for a full week and slept in the bed with us so we could watch her fever closer so I guess that has something to do with it. BUT I don't know what to do! After trying to get her to sleep for 3 hours the other night, I finally put her on the floor in her room and closed the door. I walked in 5 minutes later and this is what I found:

I guess she finally got tired! I don't know how she managed to get up there in the dark and not fall out but she did it! And of course I had to document it.
Anyway, she is still a sweet baby and one of my favorite things that she does is lean over close and whisper jibber-jabber into your ear and then look into your eyes with her bright shiny brown eyes sparkling so proud of what she said. Makes me melt.
















1 comments:
NO WAY!!! i cannot believe she flips out of her bed and then fell asleep in that rocker. that is hilarious and adorable! addyson has not figured out that she can get out of her crib yet, thank goodness! and, don't worry, we STILL have the paci too! you are right, it's more for me! a nice plug at the grocery store comes in handy sometimes! hahaha
Post a Comment