Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm a Big Girl Now!



Well I finally did it. I finally bought Noah a new car seat meaning Ava finally moved out of the infant car seat to a big girl seat (aka Noah's hand-me-down seat)! These are pictures from Ava's last ride in the infant car seat and her first ride in the convertible seat. Yes she can "legally" face forward now but it is SO MUCH safer to keep her rear facing, so we will do that for awhile. In case you were wondering, I bought Noah a Britax Frontier- it is relatively new on the market. With the Frontier, he can remain in a 5 point harness up to 80 pounds and then it converts to a belt positioning booster. I ordered it from http://www.elitecarseats.com and the main reason was that they had a $1 shipping insurance meaning if you didn't like the car seat you could ship it back for only $1! I had my reservations on the Frontier based on some reviews I read but after installing it and having Noah ride in it for about 4 or 5 days I really do like it. He has plenty of room to grow which was my main concern. Anyway, I don't know that Ava is really loving the bigger seat like I thought she would but maybe she'll change her mind soon!

2 comments:

connorcolesmom said...

Jen
I was just wondering what you decided to do I was cleaning out Cole's Britax yesterday and thinking about how much I really like it :) They grow up so fast don't they :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw this and remembered that you said you got Noah a Frontier... I don't know if you've heard of this or not, but hopefully it's not the same manufacture dates as the one you have. Just wanted to make sure you knew about this to check!!!! http://baby411.typepad.com/babybargains/2008/12/recall-britax-frontier-car-seate.htmlhttp://baby411.typepad.com/babybargains/2008/12/recall-britax-frontier-car-seate.html