Wednesday, July 2, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours

Well the week started out with Ava getting a fever Sunday night. Monday Nathan and I had dentists appointments. While the hygenist said my teeth were much cleaner than Nathan's, upon looking at my xrays, the dentist tells me I need 3 root canals, 3 crowns, and 4 other fillings. Yes you read that right. I started crying right there in the chair. I still cannot believe it. I floss everyday and brush at least twice a day so it can't be due to poor oral hygiene. And to top it all off, we do NOT have dental insurance. I am going to work on that though since it is actually time to reenroll in all of that so please pray we can get insurance and that at least some of this work will be covered! In the midst of all this, Nathan is also sick and had to rearrange his work schedule. Ava continued to have a high fever- mostly 102 or above for 48 hours with it barely coming down at all between alternating Tylenol and Motrin around the clock. Poor baby. She just cries and wants to be held. Anyway we finally got her to the doctor and after many pokes and prods it turns out that she has a urinary tract infection. She got a Rocephin shot yesterday and again today and is also on oral antibiotics although we still have not seen any improvement. Last night her temp reached 104.7. Needless to say I was more than worried but we finally got it down to 103 with cool rags all over her body. The doctor said to expect fever for 72 more hours so we still have a little way to go. Nathan goes back to work tomorrow but thank goodness my mom is coming up to help. Noah definitely needs a playmate and some attention. Oh and did I mention we are having a new roof put on today and tomorrow? :) All in all, we are blessed that this all can be taken care of and "fixed". We have so much to be thankful for. Glory to God!

0 comments: