Sunday, October 18, 2009

Guess what we found?!

Nathan and I were on our way to my parent's house after a dinner date when we turned the corner and saw two little eyes staring back at us. Before I could even say anything, Nathan said as quickly as he could muster, "Pull over! I gotta get that kitty for Ava!" Well, once we pulled over there was not one, but two little kitties sitting by the side of the road. We got them back to Mom's, fed them a little (they were STARVING!), and introduced them to the kids. About when we were ready to pack everybody up, the cats start wandering off and it starts to rain. I take the kids inside and Nathan spends about 30 minutes or more in the pouring rain trying to catch the cats. Mom had given us the LOOK- you know the "You better not leave those cats here or I am going to kill you" look. She didn't have to say a word- the LOOK said it all. :) We finally all made it to Nonnie's with the cats. They already have names at this point. The yellow one is Milo since he looks like the cat from the movie Milo & Otis. The black and white one is Sweetie. (Nathan tells Noah stories about 2 cats named Sweetie & Frisky- he really is a GREAT storyteller.) We had called Nonnie immediately to see if we could leave them at her house for awhile since we still are not in our house. Nonnie said yes and had everything we needed for the cats. She gave them baths to kill the fleas, wormed them, fed them, and gave them a place to sleep. Thank you Nonnie!!!

We spent the weekend with the kitties then went out of town Monday morning. By the time we got back, Sweetie had wondered off somewhere, so Milo is the only one left. I secretly wish it was the other way around because Sweetie was sweeter and prettier, but Noah is really attached to Milo. He throws that cat over his shoulder and walks all over the place with it. It really is funny to watch. Ava would sing them lullabies while they were in the crate.

So I guess we have a cat! Milo is a boy and already getting into trouble. Nonnie has suggested that we de-claw him, which I'm sure we will do when we get him neutered. That is if he sticks around, but I'm sure he will. Nonnie thinks he is between 4-6 months old. Oh and Nonnie's dog Tinker thinks she is the kitties momma. She snuggles on them, licks them, and tries to get Noah if he is holding the cat. It really is a funny scenario to watch. And Sadie, our dog, who has also been staying between my parent's house and Nathan's parents house, is slowing adjusting to Milo. We'll see how that goes....

Milo after his first bath


Noah warming up Sweetie after her bath- look how pretty her eyes are!


Tinker aka Momma


We'll miss you Sweetie! Hope you find a good home out there!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: