Noah finally started school last Monday. He is attending 5 days a week for 3 hours a day. I really didn't want a 5 day program but that was really all that was available since we started him so late. We waited to be sure we knew which area we would be living so he could go to school close by. We are still not in our house but our condo is conveniently located close to his school and our future house.
All four of us loaded up for his first day; even Nathan woke up early to take him after getting home at 2 am from his shift the night before. I thought that was really special and sweet that Nathan wanted to do that. I had not even asked him to because I knew he would not get enough sleep, but he felt it was important to show Noah his support. We all walked him in, and after unloading his school supplies Noah just started playing. After a brief chat with his teacher, we told him bye and left. No tears or clinging. Thank the Lord he has finally grown out of that. If you know Noah, then you will remember that he would hardly let me leave him in the nursery until after 2 years old, and there has been clinging as recent as 6 months ago. I guess my boy is growing up!
Noah wouldn't really talk about school Monday after I picked him up, so I didn't press him. He's never really been open about that sort of thing. Tuesday morning I was helping Noah get dressed and he said, "I have to go to school again today?!" Needless to say, he didn't want to go. I guess he had gotten spoiled being at home with us since May. (I'll have to admit that I really did enjoy having him home and not being tied down to a schedule or getting up and getting ready EARLY- I mean isn't that one of the great benefits of being a SAHM?) I finally heard through the grapevine, so to speak, on Wednesday night that Noah does, in fact, like school. He was saying his prayers: " Dear Jesus, Thank you for the great weather today, and I really like school. Dear Jesus, Amen." At least he'll talk to Jesus about it even if he won't tell Momma. :)
All four of us loaded up for his first day; even Nathan woke up early to take him after getting home at 2 am from his shift the night before. I thought that was really special and sweet that Nathan wanted to do that. I had not even asked him to because I knew he would not get enough sleep, but he felt it was important to show Noah his support. We all walked him in, and after unloading his school supplies Noah just started playing. After a brief chat with his teacher, we told him bye and left. No tears or clinging. Thank the Lord he has finally grown out of that. If you know Noah, then you will remember that he would hardly let me leave him in the nursery until after 2 years old, and there has been clinging as recent as 6 months ago. I guess my boy is growing up!
Noah wouldn't really talk about school Monday after I picked him up, so I didn't press him. He's never really been open about that sort of thing. Tuesday morning I was helping Noah get dressed and he said, "I have to go to school again today?!" Needless to say, he didn't want to go. I guess he had gotten spoiled being at home with us since May. (I'll have to admit that I really did enjoy having him home and not being tied down to a schedule or getting up and getting ready EARLY- I mean isn't that one of the great benefits of being a SAHM?) I finally heard through the grapevine, so to speak, on Wednesday night that Noah does, in fact, like school. He was saying his prayers: " Dear Jesus, Thank you for the great weather today, and I really like school. Dear Jesus, Amen." At least he'll talk to Jesus about it even if he won't tell Momma. :)
On the way...
Surprise treat after school!
Ava wanted her picture taken too... I can't even handle the headband...



















0 comments:
Post a Comment